I started by going to Ikea and getting a HUGE tan coverlet for about $17. I wanted to make the main pillows out of them. It ended up being so big that I made the pillows, a little decorative ruffle thing for the end of the bed, and I have enough to make a crib skirt and at least one more pillow. SO worth the money! Here is the finished product (don't look too closely...I realized the bed isn't even made real well!)
It still doesn't seem like much in the bedroom, but I love it SO much more than before. My husband HATES decorative pillows (why are guys like that?!), so he's not as excited, but he's willing to deal with them for my sake. Awww! :) I went with fairly neutral colors, partly because I really like that natural, clean look, and partly so it's easy to change up, or fit well into any setting. We don't have a house lined up yet for when we make the big move, so I have no idea what we'll be in! This color scheme should be fine no matter what, and the green accent color should be easy to add in around the room in other ways.
Come back soon, as I have quite a few other projects, both old and new, to share with you in the near future. I'll also try to keep you updated on our new home, and the ideas and projects that come out of that.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a blessed week!